Order the CD or LP and download the full digital album instantly for free! Keep the digital album quantity at 1, and the price will be removed during checkout.
Nick Lowe has mined the various strains of American popular music, purposefully ignoring the lines demarking separate genres. Among the most prevalent influences on his style has been country music. On Lowe Country: The Songs of Nick Lowe, 13 artists - most of them up-and-coming and/or left-of-center - interpret songs from Lowe's four and a half decade career. These artists are the leading lights of a new generation who use classic country music as a springboard for their unique musical explorations. In these new, never before released tunes, they vividly display Lowe's trademarks: catchy melodies; clever word play and wit; a sense of fun and musical adventure; and the appropriate delivery of a lyric, whether it be outlandish or heartbreaking.
LOWE COUNTRY TRACK LISTING
1. Caitlin Rose - "Lately I've Let Things Slide"
2. The Parson Read Heads - "Don't Lose Your Grip on Love"
3. Robert Ellis - "All Men Are Liars"
4. Amanda Shires - "I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass"
5. JEFF the Brotherhood - "Marie Provost"
6. Hayes Carll - "(I'm Gonna Start) Living Again If it Kills Me"
7. Erin Enderlin - "Lover Don't Go"
8. The Unsinkable Boxer - "When I Write the Book"
9. Colin Gilmore - "You Make Me"
10. Chatham County Line - "Heart of the City"
11. Lori McKenna - "What's Shakin' on the Hill"
12. Griffin House - "Cracking Up"
13. Ron Sexsmith - "Where's My Everything?"
Available from Fiesta Red Records.